Kale, white beans and sausage are some of our favorite ingredients! Throw them all together, and you have a warm winter recipe for white bean and kale soup with sausage.
This soup is a home run because it is broth-y enough to get the satisfaction of soup yet hearty enough to embody the satisfaction of a stew. Just whip up a big batch for a cold, winter day and freeze the rest for later.
Your taste buds will go bananas with the texture and flavor of this soup. Big chunks of sausage, warm white beans and leafy kale infused with vegetable bouillon and herbs make this soup rich and robust in taste. This recipe is perfect to serve as a lunch entrée or dinner main course.
This tasty white bean and kale soup is yummy, full of antioxidants, super easy to prepare, and even better the second time around. If you’re like us, and want great tasting meals you can serve more than once, give this recipe a try!
Serve this soup recipe in a fancy homemade bread bowl!
White Bean and Kale Soup Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 Tbsp garlic minced
- 3 whole carrots sliced
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 2 32 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp rosemary finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale deveined, chopped
let's do it
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat. Sauté onion, carrots and garlic until onion starts to become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add cannellini beans, vegetable broth, and bouillon; bring to boil.
- Stir in parsley, rosemary and oregano then add kale. Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then enjoy.
One Last Thing