If you’re looking for a healthy twist on the classic sloppy joes recipe, you’ve found your match! These Whole 30 Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are not only easy to make, but also features clean, minimal ingredients, and of course, is Whole 30 friendly. That makes a solid meal in our book!
Whip up this hearty dish for lunch or dinner any day of the week. Serve alongside your favorite veggie for a nutrient-dense meal. We promise, even if you aren’t following the Whole 30 program, this is a dish everyone, even the pickiest eaters, will love (kids included)!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Whole 30 Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe Tips
- We made the sweet potatoes in an air fryer, but if you don’t have one simply bake them in the oven at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. Be sure to poke some holes in them so they don’t explode.
- If you are following the Whole 30 program, make sure you select a compliant ketchup and mustard!
- Topping with some coconut cream (like the one from Thai Kitchen) takes this dish to the next level!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Whole30 Sloppy Joe Stuffed Air Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer
what you'll need
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small sweet onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup Whole 30 compliant ketchup
- 2 tbsp Whole 30 compliant mustard
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes cleaned and cut in half lengthwise
- coconut cream to garnish, if desired
let's do it
- Place the sweet potato halves in the air fryer pan and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Air fry the sweet potatoes at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, flip over, and air fry for another 10 minutes until soft and slightly charred. Remove from the air fryer once done.
- To make the sloppy joes, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the oil. Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the beef and cook for about 5 minutes until cooked through. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the ketchup, mustard, and coconut aminos. Allow the beef mixture to cook down and thicken up, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for about 3-5 minutes to cool down a bit. It will thicken during this process as well.
- To serve, top each sweet potato half with ¼ of the sloppy joe mixture. Drizzle with coconut cream if desired.