Serve a signature cocktail at your next holiday gathering. This gingerbread martini delivers yummy holiday flavor for those who’d rather drink their calories!
This festive holiday beverage is easy to make, and the incorporation of ginger beer is a clever way to obtain full-bodied ginger flavor without using loads of real ginger root, which can overpower a cocktail.
This gingerbread martini calls for the creation of ginger simple syrup, but don’t let the idea of “simple syrup” scare you from making this cocktail. It is a basic sugar and water syrup used to infuse flavors into your favorite cocktails.
Simple syrup is as easy to make as the name implies–by stirring a sweetener, into a saucepan with hot water and fresh ginger, until the sugar is dissolved then cooled.
Serve gingerbread martinis from Thanksgiving to the New Year for a fun, festive holiday treat.
If you’re a fan of hosting thematic events, invite your pals over to decorate gingerbread houses and serve this delightful drink!
Watch our video on how to peel and grate ginger!
Gingerbread Martini Recipe
- ginger simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup natural sweetener
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup Frangelico liqueur
- 2 cups ginger beer
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup ginger simple syrup
- sticks cinnamon, for garnish, optional
- Add water, sweetener and chopped ginger to small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 1-2 minutes. Simmer 6 minutes or until reduced by half. Strain into separate bowl; set aside to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients to a pitcher and stir in cooled simple syrup.
- Pour into glasses and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Garnish your gingerbread martini with candied ginger or sweet smelling cinnamon sticks!