Kids love breaded chicken patties but the store-bought variety is LOADED with salt and preservatives. Now you can skip the bad stuff and make homemade chicken patties that are oven-ready in 15 minutes.
Mincing chicken together with just the right amount of dried spices is super easy with a food processor. Once baked, the seasonings turn plain breadcrumbs into a light, crispy coating that kids will find hard to resist.
Need a quick meal on the go? Double the recipe and save some for the freezer. Place parchment paper between individual patties to make grabbing one at a time easy.
Homemade Chicken Patties Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 8 oz button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup dried parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken, mushroom, egg, olive oil and spices into a large bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Combine breadcrumbs and chopped parsley. Measure a 1/3 cup of the mixture, roll it into a ball then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Transfer it to the baking sheet and press into a patty approximately ½" thick. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture.
- Spritz the tops of the patties with cooking spray and bake 18–20 minutes, or until the patties have cooked all the way through and reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and serve as a main course or in a sandwich. Any leftovers will freeze and reheat well.
Pulse in short bursts until the chicken is finely minced but not so much that it becomes a paste.