Friends and family will be totally impressed by this pecan-crusted honey mustard salmon, but they don’t have to know it only took 30 minutes from start to finish!
The dish comes together quickly and is practically finished in just three simple steps—but sure does look absolutely beautiful on the table!
Baked pecans add a delicious, buttery crispness that goes perfectly with the tenderness of the filet. With the Dijon mustard, honey and garlic, you’ll get a slightly sweet and slightly salty finish…it’s really the perfect combo!
Follow this recipe and you can make six individual servings or one large side of salmon. Enjoy!
Pecan-Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- 2 lbs salmon fillet
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, or spicy mustard
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely-chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, butter, and honey. In another bowl, mix together the pecans and parsley.
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper and place on prepared baking dish. Spread honey mustard mixture over salmon then sprinkle top of salmon with pecan mixture. Press lightly to adhere pecans to the honey-mustard sauce and sprinkle top evenly with garlic powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until salmon just flakes when tested with a fork. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Salmon is packed with healthy protein and Vitamins A, D and E!