Totally impress friends and family with this pecan-crusted honey mustard salmon recipe. They also don’t have to know it only took 30 minutes from start to finish, yet it’s fantastically delicious!
The dish comes together quickly and is practically finished in just four simple steps, but it sure does look absolutely beautiful on the table! Just mix together the sauce, spread on top and throw in the oven. Boom!
Because baked pecans have a buttery crispness, they go perfectly with the tenderness of the filet. With the Dijon mustard, honey and garlic, you’ll get a slightly sweet and slightly salty finish. It’s really the perfect combo!
Pecan-Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- 2 lbs salmon fillet
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, or spicy mustard
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, butter and honey. In another bowl, mix together the pecans and chopped parsley.
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper and place in prepared baking dish. Spread honey mustard mixture over salmon then sprinkle top of salmon with pecan mixture. Press lightly to adhere pecans to the honey-mustard sauce and sprinkle top evenly with garlic powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until salmon just flakes when tested with a fork.
Salmon is packed with healthy protein and Vitamins A, D and E!