Using just a few common pantry ingredients, our homemade almond pie crust recipe comes together in 20 minutes or less! Anyone can do it. Once you take a bite out of the finished product, you might not get to the actual pie. We chowed down on just the crust in our test kitchen because it tasted so good!
It’s essential to buy sliced almonds because they allow you to make an extra-fine texture and an ultra-smooth crust. Then you’ll combine the almonds with remaining ingredients and press the mixture into a pie dish.
When you pull the crust from the oven, let it cool for a bit then sneak a bite (or two) of your accomplishment! Since the almonds are naturally sweet, you’ll be delighted to get that punch of salty sweet flavor you love from your favorite desserts!
Homemade Almond Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, or einkorn all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" pie dish with cooking spray.
- Pulse the sliced almonds in the food processor until they are finely chopped. Add the flour, sugar and salt and pulse a few more times until the ingredients are just combined. Pour in ½ cup of melted butter and pulse until a coarse paste forms.
- Press the crust mixture into the pie dish using a flat-bottomed cup such as a measuring cup.
- Bake the crust 8–10 minutes until golden brown then remove from the oven to cool.
If you’re like our test kitchen staffers, you’ll make the pie crust and eat it without any pie filling!