Is there anything better than sweet potato fries?! If there is, we haven’t found it yet. This recipe for crispy, air fryer sweet potato fries is quick to throw together and makes the perfect side to any lunch or dinner. The secret ingredient to making these bad boys extra crispy is arrowroot powder, a paleo-approved alternative to everyday corn starch. It’s better flavor AND better for you. What’s not to love?
Although these crispy fries are delicious enough on their own, we couldn’t help but take it up a notch by tossing them in melted ghee, garlic, fresh parsley, and flaky sea salt – yes please! Honestly our mouths are watering just typing out the ingredients…. These healthy air fryer sweet potato fries are equally perfect for game day or a mid-week snack. Serve them up with our Chipolte Zesty Dipping Sauce for a complete flavor explosion!
This post may include links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe Tips:
- Store any leftovers (although we doubt you’ll have any) in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- To reheat, simply place in the air fryer for about 3-5 minutes to get crispy again.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these in the oven at 425 for 15 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Substitute any other spices if desired – cinnamon sugar is a delicious alternative!
Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer
what you'll need
let's do it
- Cut your sweet potato into ¼ inch thick “fries”. You can do this by cutting the large sweet potato in half, then in half again, then cut slices to form fries.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and arrowroot starch until you can't see the arrowroot and the fries are completely coated.
- Bake in the air fryer at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 450 and bake for another 5 minutes until crispy and lightly charred. Remove and let cool while you make the topping.
- In a small saucepan melt the ghee and add the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the fries in a large bowl and pour the garlic ghee on top. Add the sea salt, parsley, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.