Broccoli Salad is a side dish that is super popular during the summer months for barbecues, potlucks, and more! The classic recipe calls for quite a bit of sugar in the dressing, so we decided to whip up a version using clean ingredients, avocado mayo, and added some cauliflower for a little versatility. Oh, and did we mention it’s Whole30 friendly AND it has bacon? So many wins with this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad.
Make this easy salad ahead of time for a get-together or simply whip it up for an easy lunch prep throughout the week. Nothing beats a hearty salad that packs a nutrient-dense punch! Especially one with this much flavor.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe Tips:
- You can substitute any Whole30 compliant fruit such as apple for the dried cranberries.
- Switch up the nuts with walnuts or cashews to use what you have on hand.
- If you want to save leftovers or make this ahead of time, just store the salad and dressing separately so it doesn’t get soggy. Just mix it all together about an hour before you want to eat it so the dressing soaks in.
- Buy pre-chopped broccoli and cauliflower to make this recipe even easier!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Slice the bacon into ½” pieces.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and add the bacon pieces. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the bacon is cooked through and crispy. Drain and set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients into a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until completely combined. Pour into the bowl with the vegetable and mix with a large spoon to completely coat the vegetable mixture.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill before serving.