Caliper CBD Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
We have some days where we are just absolutely CRAVING chocolate. It’s no surprise that those are typically the days we find ourselves feeling a little more stressed or anxious than usual. (We know we’re not alone on this, right?) On those days, a warm – and done in less than 2 minutes – single serving chocolate chip mug cake can absolutely hit the spot. It’s comforting, easy, AND delicious. And we found a way to make this simple dessert even better – adding Caliper CBD power.
*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Thanks!
The Benefits of CBD
CBD is part of the cannabis plant, but doesn’t feature the psychoactive components that THC does. That means you don’t get high, but can still experience the benefits of the plant like relief from stress, tension, aches and pains. That’s one of the reasons why it’s so perfect for relaxing after a long day. And enjoying it with chocolate honestly just makes it that much better.
Why Caliper CBD Powder
One of the many reasons we love Caliper CBD is that it dissolves easily (and flavorlessly) into any food or drink, hot or cold. So it’s absolutely perfect for mixing into a single serving dessert or even a hot tea. One bite or sip and you’ll be feeling better in no time. Their packets also make it easy to get precise dosing — there’s no guesswork involved! Plus you can take it anywhere with you, so it’s totally convenient to de-stress no matter where you are.
Thank you to Caliper CBD for sponsoring this post!
Chocolate Chip Mug Cake Recipe Tips
- Microwave timing is absolutely key here. You don’t want to leave it in for too long or your mug cake will be super dense. Remember it will “cook” a bit in the warm mug after you remove it too, so you want it to just not be runny when you take it out.
- Using a wider vs taller mug will help things cook more evenly. Look for one in your cupboard with a wide brim if possible.
- If you don’t have Caliper CBD packets on hand, you can make the recipe as is without it. It will not change the recipe. (But you can also get some here for 15% off plus free shipping with code EVERYDAY15.)
Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 packet Caliper CBD
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- handful chocolate chips
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, CBD packet, vanilla extract and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the egg and stir.
- Add in flour and stir until fully mixed in.
- Add a handful of chocolate chips and stir in.
- Microwave for 45 sec to 1 min. You want the consistency to be just not runny, but not too done. The batter will continue to cook while in the mug.