Plums are so tangy, sweet and delicious; why not incorporate this yummy summer fruit into a sangria-inspired cocktail? Our apple plum cocktail is as delicious as it is refreshing, using the season’s freshest plums and juicy red apples.
This drink is easy to make and perfect for sipping on lazy summer afternoons. Think backyard barbecues and pitchers of our apple plum cocktail while playing cards with your closest gal-pals on the patio.
First, you’ll need to whip up the plum ginger simple syrup, which calls for water, sliced plums, freshly sliced ginger and Truvia.
Bring the water, plums, ginger and Truvia to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan. Once the mixture is boiling, remove the ginger and reduce the heat.
Let the ingredients simmer then strain the mixture and let the syrup cool.
To make the cocktail, combine the plum ginger simple syrup, apple juice, Riesling wine, sliced red apples and sliced plums in a pitcher. Add the desired amount of ice and serve.
This cocktail looks fabulous in stemware, but is just as wonderful served in casual glasses. It is a lazy afternoon drink, after all. Cheers!
Watch our video on how to peel and grate ginger!
Apple Plum Cocktail Recipe
- plum ginger simple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups plums, about 3 plums
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp Truvia
- 1 1/2 cups plum ginger simple syrup, see instructions above
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup Riesling wine
- 2 red apples, sliced
- 2 plums, sliced
- Bring water, plums, ginger and Truvia to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat and remove ginger.
- Let simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Strain mixture, let cool.
- Mix simple syrup, apple juice and wine in pitcher.
- Add apple slices, plum slices and ice.
- Stir well until ingredients are chilled.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Your apple plum cocktail will taste even better if you let it steep in its juices overnight!