Autumn Chopped Salad
Salads might not be the first food that pops into your head when you think of fall comfort food. But, we have a feeling when you try this salad, that might change. This Autumn Chopped Salad is full of hearty and satisfying ingredients like butternut squash, dried cranberries, crisp green apples, and sweet candied pecans. Yum! Pair that with a super easy homemade dressing and you have an insanely delicious meal that will keep you full AND satisfied.
This salad is full of ingredients that taste good AND are good for you. Kale, the base of the salad, features Vitamin A which is great for bone health and your immune system, and folate which is a key B vitamin for brain development.
One serving of butternut squash also has more than 100% of your daily dose of Vitamin A, as well as 40% of your daily intake of Vitamin C, and a big serving of magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
We can’t forget about apples, which are great for heart and digestive health. And, of course, we also threw is some pecans that are high in vitamins, fiber, and healthy fats.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Autumn Chopped Salad Recipe Tips:
+ Roast your butternut squash quickly by cooking it in the air fryer. Spray it with a bit of oil, and then cook at 400 degrees for about 16-18 minutes.
+ You can easily substitute spinach or mixed greens too depending on what type of lettuce you like best.
+ Can’t find butternut squash at your grocery store? Substitute sweet potato or acorn squash instead!
Autumn Chopped Salad
- 1 head kale, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 1/2 cup butternut squash, roasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 lb chicken breasts, grilled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl or jar with the lid on, whisk or shake all ingredients for the dressing until well combined and emulsified.
- Add kale to a large bowl and pour half of the dressing on it. Massage the dressing into the kale to make it tender and soft.
- To the bow, add the apple, squash, pecans, cranberries, and shallot. Toss to combine. Drizzle with desired amount of more dressing. Serve with the grilled chicken on top and enjoy!
Wow. I love these recipes. Easy and delicious.