Cranberry Glazed Meatballs
There’s something about cranberries that are just so festive during the holiday season. We love these Cranberry Glazed Meatballs because they’re a delicious high protein recipe for weight loss that allows you to indulge in all the flavors of the holiday season. Sweet, savory, and packed with protein – what more could one ask for?
Not only is this a delicious macro-friendly recipe, it also packs a punch of health benefits. Cranberries are a great source of antioxidants, fiber, and B vitamins to keep you feeling your best during the holiday season. We love foods that taste good and are good for you.
Cranberry Glazed Meatballs Recipe Tips:
+ This cranberry sauce is also delicious over pork chops and grilled chicken. You can make an extra batch and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
+ Can’t find fresh cranberries? You can also use frozen. You may just want to throw some flour or cornstarch in the mix to thicken up the sauce as needed.
- 16 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, and milk.
- Once combined, add the beef and pork. Use your hand to gently fold everything together until just combined. Don’t overmix the meat mixture.
- Spoon about ¼ cup mixture and form each meatball. Place onto the baking sheet and bake for about 15-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- While the meatballs are baking, pour the cranberry sauce ingredients into a skillet over medium high heat. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the cranberries have cooked down and the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the cooked meatballs into the sauce and toss.
- Serve alongside your favorite sides and enjoy!