Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese
Cranberries are a wonderfully fresh fall and winter ingredient, but sometimes it’s challenging to work them into anything other than salad for your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. This cranberry salsa with cream cheese recipe is not only a great holiday appetizer but truly evergreen. There’s something about the flavor combinations of the tart, fresh cranberries, the zing of the jalapeños, and the complexity of the cilantro that can (and should!) be enjoyed year-round.
For the perfect holiday appetizer, serve it over cream cheese and enjoy with buttery crackers. Once your guests try this one, it’s something they’re going to ask for year after year – trust us!
Cranberry Salsa Recipe Tips
- Don’t skip the steps of draining the liquid. Otherwise, when you serve over the cream cheese, it will feel soggy and gross.
- If you want to switch up the flavor, add some mandarin orange slices!
- If you want to enjoy this cranberry salsa on its own, just skip the step of adding it over the cream cheese. It’s the perfect salsa to enjoy with tortilla chips, over grilled chicken, or with a juicy pork tenderloin.
- If you have leftovers (you probably won’t), store in an airtight container and enjoy within 48 hours.
View this post on Instagram
Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- Place cranberries into a food processor then pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Chop up the scallions and jalapeños, and mix together in a large bowl with cranberries.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, and salt and refigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, drain the liquid from the salsa.
- If desired, spread out cream cheese over a dish and top with cranberry salsa. Serve with buttery crackers!