For a protein-packed breakfast, we went straight for avocado and eggs! You’ll only need a couple of other pantry staples to make the pair shine in this. We keep things simple and clean up quick in this recipe by baking the egg directly in the avocado and adding a touch of everything bagel seasoning. Cook the egg to your liking and revel in the warm creaminess that is a baked avocado and egg. This easy breakfast will load you up with healthy fats and fiber, keeping you full all morning long – we’d say that’s a win.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Health Benefits of Avocado
Starting your day with a healthy dose of avocado has plenty of health benefits. For starters, it’s full of vitamins, including potassium and vitamin K. It’s also a great source of healthy fats that are good for your heart. Fiber is another benefit of this superfood, which is great for weight maintenance. Antioxidants are also here which help with aging and protecting your eyes. Essentially, if you want to look and feel your best, avocados are your friend! Starting your day with baked avocado and eggs is such an easy way to incorporate this into your diet with a quick and easy meal.
Baked Avocado and Egg Recipe Tips
- This is one recipe we recommend you eat immediately. Leftovers won’t warm up well, but luckily it’s so easy to whip up that you
Baked Avocado and Eggs
what you'll need
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- everything bagel seasoning
- hot sauce
let's do it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Spoon out just a little bit of the center of the avocado so the egg has some space.
- Line the avocados on the parchment paper and crack an egg into each. Sprinkle each one with a generous amount of everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Top with hot sauce and fresh cilantro if desired.