What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
A busy family needs a delicious go-to recipe for weeknights filled with after-school activities and sports! Our quick and easy einkorn baked sesame garlic chicken is the perfect fit. Don’t have einkorn flour? No worries! You can also make baked sesame garlic chicken using traditional all-purpose flour.
It doesn’t get any easier than 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake. A table-ready meal in 30 minutes—we’re in! We included einkorn flour in this recipe to thicken the sauce and to help it adhere to every sweet and savory bite of chicken, but feel free to leave it out, especially if you’re going the gluten-free route.
Eliminate excess dirty dishes by preparing the sauce in a measuring cup—plus it’s easier to pour into the baking dish!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Baked Einkorn Sesame Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose einkorn flour, 1.125 oz
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees then lightly coat a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper then dredge in flour. Place chicken breasts side by side in casserole dish. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- In a glass liquid measuring cup, measure 1/3 cup honey then add soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Mix well, then pour over chicken breasts to coat completely.
- Bake 18–22 minutes, depending on the thickness of chicken breasts. About halfway through cooking, spoon sauce over chicken then return to oven.
- Remove from oven, when chicken is just cooked through, then let rest for 5–8 minutes. Just before serving, spoon sauce over chicken then garnish with sesame seeds, sliced green onion and red pepper flakes if you would like a little more heat. Serve with steamed rice and extra sauce on the side.
As the sauce cools, it will thicken slightly and coat the chicken much better—be sure to let it rest so it’s nice and gooey when it’s time to eat!