BBQ Dry-Rubbed Chicken Wings Video
This tasty BBQ dry-rubbed chicken wings recipe calls for three pounds of chicken wings per dozen people, but easily adjusts to the number of fans you’re entertaining.
Be sure to rinse and pat dry the wings with a paper towel to remove excess moisture that could prevent them from getting crispy. It’ll also keep the dry rub from getting too gooey.
Next, grab a sharp knife and cut each wing at its joint to remove tip. Discard the tip—that’ll make all the wings just the right size for easy handling.
Want to ramp up the heat a bit? Add a touch of cayenne pepper to your rub. If you’ve got a crowd and made a large amount of wings, use a slow cooker to keep them warm.
BBQ Dry-Rubbed Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken wings, pieces, tips removed
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse wings then pat dry with a paper towel and place chicken wings in a gallon-size resealable bag.
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together in small bowl then pour into the bag with wings, seal tightly then shake bag to coat wings completely with dry rub.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick spray. Place wings onto baking sheet spaced evenly apart, discard leftover dry rub.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, turning over once halfway through baking. Remove wings from oven and brush with barbecue sauce. Enjoy!