A perfect meal for when you’re on the go, our BLT wrap recipe is packed with flavor. Crunchy and crispy, it’s a tasty take on a classic sandwich.
This all-American dish has quite the interesting history. According to foodie legend, the BLT got its start in the late Victorian Era and is said to be a delicious descendent of the time period’s tea sandwiches. Who knew!
We think mayo or ranch dressing adds an ideal pinch of pizazz but if you’re not a fan, you can substitute with mashed avocado. This recipe works great with basic 10″ tortillas. For more variety, try a flavored kind instead.
Fresh ingredients, simple steps—that’s a wrap!
BLT wrap recipe
what you'll need
- 1 lb thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce shredded (about 5–6 cups)
- 8 oz grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or ranch dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas 10"
let's do it
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat and add bacon strips. Cook the bacon slowly until it reaches the desired crispness. (About 10–15 minutes.) Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside to cool.
- Shred ½ head of iceberg lettuce and place in a large mixing bowl. Cut tomatoes in half (or quarter the larger ones) and toss with the shredded lettuce. Dice the bacon into about ½" pieces and toss to combine with the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Add the mayo or ranch dressing to the bowl and stir until all ingredients are evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cup of the filling in the center of a flour tortilla. Fold both sides into the center and roll the tortilla closed like a burrito. (You can fasten the ends with a toothpick or wrap with parchment to keep the wrap closed.) Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!