If you’re looking to switch up your appetizer spread, you’ll want to try out our recipe for creamy corn salsa! It’s done in just 20 minutes and delicious with chips or bread for dipping.
You can even serve the salsa with burritos, tacos or any other Mexican dish. It’s a zesty addition to any meal.
Canned or frozen corn are both good options for this dip, but the best flavor by far will come from fresh corn cut straight off the cob!
Want to get really creative? Try grilling the corncobs on the BBQ before tossing them into the pan with the onions and peppers. It takes extra time, but it’s sooo good.
Creamy Corn Salsa Recipe
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced and seeded, if desired
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels, about 5 ears
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese crumbles, or feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt butter. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and salt and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes. Add corn and continue cooking for about 4–6 minutes until corn kernels are tender but still crisp, and the onion and bell pepper are soft.
- Transfer corn mixture to a medium mixing bowl and add cream cheese, cotija or feta crumbles, cilantro, chili powder and garlic powder. Stir until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Add lime juice and stir to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper. For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Reheat the dip if you plan to serve it warm.
You can serve this creamy corn salsa warm or cold—it’s delicious both ways!