Quick and Easy Apple Crisp with Oats
Do you ever crave a comforting dessert but don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen to make something? This simple ingredient apple crisp with oats is the perfect recipe to satisfy that sweet tooth without spending hours in the kitchen! Requiring only minimal, whole food ingredients, this recipe is refined sugar-free and is easily whipped up within 15 minutes. Relax while it cooks in the oven and fills your home with the sweet aroma of homemade apple crisp. Top it with maple-sweetened coconut cream or even a scoop of ice cream for the ultimate indulgence!
This is a dish that’s equally as good for dessert as it is with your morning coffee. And we have a feeling once you try it, you won’t mind eating it at all times of day.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Apple Crisp with Oats Recipe Tips
- Substitute gluten-free all-purpose flour and gluten-free oats to make a gluten-free version.
- Use vegan butter instead of regular butter for a vegan version.
- Don’t have apples? You can also use pears, peaches, or berries depending on what’s in season or what you’re in the mood for.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Quick & Easy Apple Crisp with Oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, maple syrup, arrowroot, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine completely and make sure all the apples are coated evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, coconut sugar, and baking powder.
- Once combined, add the cubed butter and use a fork to break it up completely until you reach a crumbly consistency.
- Pour the apple mixture into the greased pan, followed by sprinkling the crumble topping over the apples evenly.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until bubbling on the sides and slightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.