Cranberry Orange Pecan Crisp
Is there anything more fall than the flavors of cranberry and orange? This Cranberry Orange Pecan Crisp brings them together beautifully in a warm dessert that is so comforting and sweet. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have an dessert that’s impressive enough to serve at a holiday dinner party, and easy enough to whip up after dinner.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
If you want to make this dessert for your dinner party, you could get the base and topping ready ahead of time. Store in air tight containers separately. Then combine and throw in the oven about a half hour before you’re ready to serve.
Cranberry Orange Pecan Crisp Recipe Tips:
+ This dish is best served warm, so make sure to hold off on baking it until you’re ready to eat. And don’t skip those few minutes of cooling time or you may burn your mouth.
+ If you can only find frozen cranberries, that’s okay. Let them thaw overnight and add a little bit of cornstarch to thicken up the base before you toss it in the oven.
Cranberry Orange Base
Pecan Crumble Topping
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cranberry orange base until well combined. Transfer to a medium baking dish such as a 6-8 inch cast iron skillet.
- Add all ingredients for the crumble to a medium bowl. Use a fork to combine the ingredients together, crumbling the dry ingredients into the butter until the mixture is chunky.
- Crumble the oat mixture over the cranberries in the cast iron skillet.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top and the cranberries are bubbling on the edges.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes then serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!