Lemon Rosemary Sugar Cookies
Yeah, you read it correctly—this is a recipe for lemon rosemary sugar cookies! Don’t be afraid though. While it seems wild to include a gorgeous, savory herb like rosemary in a perfectly zesty lemon sugar cookie, it’s actually a terrific combination. Rosemary bodes well with sweet notes, much like when it’s paired with oregano in Italian cuisine.
Don’t be fooled by the total recipe time because most of that is chilling the dough for at least an hour. Chilling the dough helps bring the ingredients together and achieve those picture-perfect discs!
We drizzled ours with a delicious glaze but if you prefer a more of a sweet biscuit rather than a sweet cookie, feel free to leave it out. These cookies taste awesome with a frosty glass of muddled strawberry mint tea!
Lemon Rosemary Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1-2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp milk
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon juice and egg in large mixing bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, lemon zest and rosemary until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Form 1" balls with dough and place on prepared cookie sheet. Moisten the bottom of a glass and lightly press the cookie flat. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Combine lemon zest and sugar then sprinkle over each cookie.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes and let cool completely.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with glaze and enjoy!
And also could the cookie dough be frozen until it needs to be used? And for how long?
Hi there, may I check if I were to want to freeze the dough, would that be possible? After baking, how many days could it be kept in air tight containers? TIA!