Once you try our perfectly roasted, juicy pork tenderloin recipe, you’ll never go back! These simple instructions are a no-fail approach to the most succulent and perfectly seasoned pork you’ve ever made at home.
This roast can be made in just 30–45 minutes, which makes for a great go-to weeknight meal. Why have chicken every night when you can mix it up with ‘the other white meat’?
It will be handy to have a meat thermometer when making this recipe. The ability to measure the doneness of your roast is the difference between dry, lackluster pork and the juicy, bountiful flavor that we’ve promised. This one from Amazon is one of our favorites.
If you opt to use the barbecue sauce, simply brush the roast with barbecue sauce after you remove it from the oven.
Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving. The juices with redistribute through the meat, resulting in a super juicy pork tenderloin. Then slice and serve immediately, yum!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Juicy Pork Tenderloin with Rub Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 pork tenderloin approx. 1 ½ lbs
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce optional
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim tenderloin of excess fat and silver skin.
- Mix together brown sugar, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper and chili powder until completely combined. Rub entire amount of spice mixture on tenderloin then drizzle olive oil evenly over top.
- Roast until nicely browned and internal temperature reaches 150 degrees (approximately 25−35 minutes depending on size).
- Remove from oven, brush with barbecue sauce if desired and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
One Last Thing