We love hardboiled eggs so much, we typically have them on hand in the refrigerator as a snack or to put in salad. Hence, we came up with the idea for our baby green salad with bacon and egg.
This dish delivers a ton of protein among fresh, leafy greens and a few other goodies, then tossed in our homemade light lemon vinaigrette dressing. The dressing is easy to make, and we’d always pick homemade over store-bought, especially when it takes mere seconds to create.
Did you know that using older eggs is actually better when hard-boiling them? This is because when the egg ages, it shrinks, leaving more space between the shell and the membrane. The result—eggs that are much easier to remove from their shells!
Baby Green Salad with Bacon and Egg Recipe
what you'll need
- 5 oz baby kale spinach or arugula
- 1 cup snow peas
- 4 radishes cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 eggs hardboiled, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
let's do it
- Rinse greens under cold water and spin or pat completely dry. Place greens into a large bowl, along with all salad ingredients except for salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for dressing until emulsified. Pour the entire amount of dressing over the salad and toss until all ingredients are completely coated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve immediately.