Asian-Style Tilapia with Einkorn
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Our Asian-style tilapia with einkorn is easy to make and rich with authentic flavor—it’s everything you want out of a five-star evening meal. You can also make Asian-style tilapia using traditional all-purpose flour.
Tilapia is easy to find at the supermarket and as a bonus, it’s inexpensive too! Tilapia is mild and flaky in texture and is perfect for adults and children who aren’t huge fans of seafood—it doesn’t have that fishy flavor that finicky appetites avoid.
Steamed broccoli or carrots and brown rice are great sides to accompany this dish. The whole idea is simplicity and wholesome dining. Of course, a glass of white wine won’t hurt when you’re ready to enjoy!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Asian-Style Tilapia With Einkorn Recipe
- Season both sides of the tilapia filets lightly with salt and pepper then dredge each filet in flour. Shake to remove excess flour then set aside. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat then add peanut oil. If you don’t have peanut oil, don’t worry—you can use olive oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the tilapia filets then brown lightly on each side. The fish should be opaque and lightly golden brown but not overcooked. This will take about 3 minutes on the first side and 1–2 minutes on the second side.
- Transfer filets to a warm serving platter and cover lightly with foil.
- Return skillet to the stove and reduce the heat to medium. Add garlic and ginger to the peanut oil that remains in the skillet then cook until the garlic is just beginning to lightly brown.
- Remove skillet from heat then add sesame oil, soy sauce, honey and lemon juice then stir to combine.
- Spoon sauce over the tilapia filets then sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!