Einkorn Tomato Basil Frittata Video
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Cut the carbs and enjoy a hearty frittata recipe any time of day. This einkorn tomato basil frittata can be enjoyed on its own, accompanied by a light salad or soup, or even a side of roasted veggies. No einkorn flour? No worries! You can also make a tomato basil frittata using traditional all-purpose flour.
This meal is something you can feel good about. We love when you can go to town on a yummy dish and not feel guilty later. Our frittata only takes 10 minutes to prepare, then about 30 minutes to cook. Anytime you can get food on the table in less than an hour is a win!
With plenty of shredded cheese, juicy cherry tomatoes, savory onions and bright-tasting basil, all of your favorite flavors are in one place. Add other veggies to suit your taste buds along with your favorite seasonings!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Tomato Basil Frittata Recipe
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose einkorn flour, .4215 oz
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half, about 12–15
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded and divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9" pie dish with cooking spray.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Add onions and cook approximately 3–4 minutes until soft and translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour together with one egg. Add remaining eggs and milk and beat until light and fluffy. Add cooked onions, basil, cherry tomatoes, 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the filling to prepared pie dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake 30–35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately with a light side salad.