Overnight Einkorn Blueberry Pancakes Video
What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
The best pancakes on the planet are einkorn flour pancakes. Our overnight einkorn blueberry pancakes will fly off the table so fast you’ll think the dog ate ‘em. Hearty, slightly sweet and nutty in flavor then smothered in butter and syrup—we can barely stand it! No einkorn flour? No worries! You can make fluffy homemade pancakes using traditional all-purpose flour.
Once you have this ‘ace’ in the pocket, you’ll have fresh pancakes in the house all the time. The more the merrier, so if you have company, whip this dish out of your back pocket for happy people all around. For plain buttermilk pancakes, just omit the blueberries.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Overnight Einkorn Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- Place a large wire mesh strainer over a large bowl. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then sift everything into the bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients to thoroughly combine and create a well in the center with your whisk. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- In a second bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth.
- Add the buttermilk, milk, melted butter and vanilla and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking as you pour the liquid into the “well.” When the batter is thoroughly combined, cover and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- When it is time to make the pancakes, rinse the blueberries. Heat a griddle over medium heat. Use a ¼ cup of batter per pancake and sprinkle blueberries into the uncooked side. Cook to a golden brown, flip the pancake and brown the other side.