Don’t let the prep time for our no-bake, frozen mocha pie recipe fool you—this outstanding, flavorful recipe only takes 10 minutes of actual prep time—the rest is just waiting for the ingredients to do their thing! We’ve never made a pie this easy to make that’s tasted so good.
We included coffee-flavored liqueur along with the other ingredients, but it’s definitely not required if you prefer an alcohol-free recipe. Also keep in mind that there’s caffeine in the coffee ice cream, so if you’re serving this sweet treat to the kids, you may not want them to enjoy a slice right before bedtime!
The crew went wild for this dessert in the test kitchen and everyone will at your house too! To serve this decadent frozen mocha pie, dip the pie dish in a shallow sink of warm water to warm the butter at the bottom of the pan. That way, it’s easier to slice and serve!
Frozen Mocha Pie Recipe
what you'll need
- 22 - 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1.5 qt container ice cream coffee
- 3 Tbsp coffee liqueur optional
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
let's do it
- Remove ice cream from the freezer then place on counter to soften for about 10 minutes while you make the crust. Place cookies in a food processor then pulse into a fine powder. If you don’t have a food processor, crush cookies into a fine powder inside of a resealable plastic bag.
- Combine cookie crumbs with melted butter then mix until butter is evenly distributed. The mixture should have the texture of damp sand. Press cookie mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9" deep-dish pie pan then place in freezer.
- Place entire carton of softened ice cream into a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add coffee liqueur if using then mix until smooth and spreadable. Remove pie crust from freezer then fill with ice cream. Level top of the ice cream then place back into freezer for about 2 hours until completely solidified.
- Combine chocolate chips, cream and butter into a small bowl then place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir mixture then continue heating in 10 second intervals, just until chocolate has melted and the ingredients blend together to form a sauce.
- Pour mixture into center of frozen pie then spread gently to the edges. Return pie to the freezer long enough for chocolate ganache to set—about 5 minutes—then top with whipped cream. Return pie to freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, fill the bottom the kitchen sink with about 1" of warm (not hot) water. Dip bottom of the pie dish into the warm water to gently heat the bottom. The warmth will melt the butter in the very bottom of the pie crust, helping it to loosen it from the dish, making it easier to remove. Slice and serve immediately.