Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Holy smokes, this delicious slow cooker pulled pork recipe is completely versatile. Plus, it’s so easy. Your slow cooker does all of the work—all you need is a little time!
Pork butt or pork shoulder can be a very affordable cut of meat. Keep your eyes out for a good sale and this can be a totally budget-friendly meal.
You’ll want to find a well-marbled piece of meat. Look for a cut where you can see fat running between the fibers. Or, ask your butcher for their recommendation on a super tender cut.
Pulled pork is especially tasty in the slow cooker because long, slow cooking melts the fat and produces meat that’s tender and juicy.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
Tender, flavorful and delicious, slow cooker pulled pork is amazing in sandwiches, tacos, enchiladas…
Yield: 10 -12 servings
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 - 4 1/2 lb pork shoulder, boneless, also known as pork butt
- Place onion and garlic in an even layer in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour in broth. Combine the salt, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, cumin, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the entire amount of spice mixture over the pork and place on top of the onions in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the pork is fall-apart tender—about 6–7 hours on high or 8–10 hours on low.
- Turn off the slow cooker and use a slotted spoon or spatula to remove the pork and place on a cutting board. Use two forks to shred the meat, discarding excess fat and any undesirable parts. Place pulled pork into a large bowl and set aside.
- Strain the liquid from the slow cooker into a separate bowl. (If you love onions, you can take them from the strainer and add them in with the pulled pork.) Skim as much oil from the top of cooking liquid as possible then pour back into slow cooker, along with pulled pork. Set on low or warm then serve when ready.
Your favorite bread roll and a dollop of our tangy BBQ sauce is all it takes to make a delicious pulled pork sandwich!
Calories: 445kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 33g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 129mg, Sodium: 497mg, Potassium: 612mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!
This recipe results in a awesome pulled pork, I love garlic so I add extra when I make it which is quite often. Love it!