It’s time to make dinner. Grilled salmon? No problem. Homemade arugula pesto, waaaay too much work, right? Wrong! We’re going to show you how easy it is to make our grilled salmon with white wine and arugula pesto recipe in 30 minutes or less.
Anytime we come across an innovative way to eat salmon it’s a welcome treat. As much as we love the fish, it’s easy to fall into a rut when making it at home. The pesto doesn’t require much effort—even if you think it’s easier to buy it, this is a unique occasion where we encourage you to go the extra step.
Although we didn’t test this recipe on the kids (yet), we imagine this would be a good time give it a whirl if you’re working on introducing seafood to the youngsters. Serve with steamed veggies or on a bed of fresh greens. You can’t go wrong with this dish!
Grilled Salmon with Asiago Pesto Video
what you'll need
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup Asiago cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 salmon fillets 4–5 oz. each
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 gallon plastic bag re-sealable
let's do it
- Combine baby arugula, garlic, Asiago cheese, olive oil, and walnuts in a food processor and mix until smooth. Reserve ½ cup of pesto for later use.
- Combine white wine and the rest of the prepared pesto in a sealed bag and carefully shake to mix. Add salmon filets and coat with the mixture. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill-pan to medium-high. Oil the pan well to prevent sticking. Remove salmon from marinade and place on hot grill skin side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill 4–5 minutes per side. The fish is done when it's opaque all the way through. As you take the salmon off the grill pan, remove the skin and discard. Thin the reserved pesto sauce with a little olive oil and brush filets with the sauce. Enjoy!