Jalapeño Pillow Puffs
Fancy enough for company and easy enough for a game day snack—our jalapeño pillow puffs recipe is a guaranteed hit! What’s more, you control the heat! The seeds and the white membrane of the jalapeño contain the majority of the spice factor, so leave or remove as much as you like for the perfect snacking experience.
Assembling your jalapeño pillow puffs is the best part (aside from eating them, of course), and it’s so easy. Just add a dollop of the filling to the center of each square then seal the edges with a pinch!
They’ll come out of the oven piping hot, so make sure to let them rest a few minutes before serving.
Jalapeño Pillow Puffs Recipe
Puff pastry makes anything fabulous—these tasty jalapeno pillow puffs are filled with savory onion, gooey melted cheese and just the right amount of spice!
Yield: 18 pillows
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jalapeño, diced, seeded (about 2 large)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, diced jalapeño, cheddar cheese, green onion, garlic powder salt and pepper until well combined.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets then cut along the fold seams into 3 long strips. Then cut each strip into three equal pieces. This will yield 18 squares of puff pastry after both sheets have been cut.
- Place about 1 Tbsp of filling into the center of each piece of pastry. Brush beaten egg around the perimeter of the dough and fold the edges together sealing the filling completely in pastry. Press the edges together firmly then transfer onto baking sheet.
- Brush tops and sides of puffs with beaten egg. Pierce a small hole in the top of each pillow with the tip of a sharp knife or toothpick to allow some of the steam to escape. Bake 18–20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Don't forget to wear gloves while seeding the jalapeños so you don't get pesky juices where they don't belong. Ouch!
Calories: 182kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 206mg, Potassium: 36mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!