Fancy enough for company and easy enough for a game day snack—our jalapeño pillow puffs recipe is a guaranteed hit! What’s more, you control the heat! The seeds and the white membrane of the jalapeño contain the majority of the spice factor, so leave or remove as much as you like for the perfect snacking experience.
Assembling your jalapeño pillow puffs is the best part (aside from eating them, of course), and it’s so easy. Just add a dollop of the filling to the center of each square then seal the edges with a pinch!
They’ll come out of the oven piping hot, so make sure to let them rest a few minutes before serving.
Jalapeño Pillow Puffs Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 sheets puff pastry defrosted
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup jalapeño diced, seeded (about 2 large)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg well beaten
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, diced jalapeño, cheddar cheese, green onion, garlic powder salt and pepper until well combined.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets then cut along the fold seams into 3 long strips. Then cut each strip into three equal pieces. This will yield 18 squares of puff pastry after both sheets have been cut.
- Place about 1 Tbsp of filling into the center of each piece of pastry. Brush beaten egg around the perimeter of the dough and fold the edges together sealing the filling completely in pastry. Press the edges together firmly then transfer onto baking sheet.
- Brush tops and sides of puffs with beaten egg. Pierce a small hole in the top of each pillow with the tip of a sharp knife or toothpick to allow some of the steam to escape. Bake 18–20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.