Up your sandwich game with these mouthwatering keto burgers, inspired by the famous In-N-Out burger but with a twist. These burgers are sandwiched between leaves of lettuce to lighten them up and reduce the amount of carbs. We whipped up a tasty burger sauce for a boost of flavor that fits in nicely on top of juicy beef patties, cheddar cheese, and your favorite burger toppings. It’s a simple, but delicious meal that’s easy to make and sure to impress. No one will even miss those thick buns once they take their first bite of these keto friendly burgers!
If you’re looking for more easy keto lunch and dinner recipes, check out our Egg Roll in a Bowl and Chicken Parmesan recipes! These recipes offer more delicious ways to enjoy your favorite dishes, with fewer carbs. What’s not to love about that?
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Keto Burgers Recipe Tips:
- If you’re not following a low-carb diet, you can definitely feel free to add a bun here or enjoy with a side of fries. (Save some sauce for dipping your fries in!)
- Looking for a lower carb fry? Try our Asparagus Fries or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries.
- Omit or change any of the topping ingredients for these keto friendly burgers if desired.
- Store the patties in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
In-N-Out Style Keto Burgers
what you'll need
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- iceberg lettuce
- beefsteak tomatoes sliced
- sweet onions sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup (sugar free recommended)
- 2 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1 small pickle finely diced (should be about 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp monkfruit sweetener
- pinch of salt and pepper
let's do it
- Mix all the ingredients for the burger sauce together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide the ground beef into 4 servings and form into burger patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add ½ tbsp avocado oil into the pan.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper onto both sides of the patty and place in the pan. Cook the patties for about 3 minutes on each side for a medium cook. Cook longer if desired. After the patties are cooked, add 1 slice of cheese onto each patty, cover with a lid and let steam for about 30 seconds until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Assemble the burger by placing one of the burger patties onto a couple iceberg lettuce leaves. Follow with a slice of tomato, sliced onions, and some of the burger sauce. Fold the lettuce over to create a secure lettuce wrap. Serve immediately.