Our Mediterranean salad recipe with yogurt dressing is a great accompaniment to any main course—more so if you’re headed to a gathering! Kalamata olives, Greek feta cheese and a light Greek yogurt dressing (made with olive oil) served on bed of sweet butter lettuce—we’re talking a winner here!
With just 10 minutes of preparation, this dish comes together just as easy as the pre-bagged kind, only with more diverse ingredients. You can use this recipe as an entrée—just top it with grilled chicken or fish—or keep it as a simple side salad.
We did not include onions in this recipe, but you can always add them in along with roasted red peppers, pine nuts or any of your favorite accouterments. You’re going to love this dish!
Mediterranean Salad Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 English cucumber skin-on and chopped
- 10 Kalamata olives pitted, sliced
- 3/4 cup Greek feta cheese crumbles
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice approx. ½ juicy lime
- 1/2 tsp dill dried
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
let's do it
- Wash, dry and tear lettuce into small pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber and olives. Crumble feta cheese over the top.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk oil, lime juice, dill, pepper and yogurt until the dressing comes together and forms an emulsion. Toss or drizzle over salad then serve immediately.