The batter for our moist pumpkin pie waffles recipe is easily prepared the night before, so you can be ready to rock and roll when it’s time to make breakfast.
While these waffles have a hint of that wonderful pumpkin taste we all love, the addition of this squash has a greater purpose. Pumpkin also makes your waffles super moist!
If you’re making a large batch, transfer cooked waffles to a cooling rack then place in a 200-degree oven so air can circulate around the finished product. This way the waffles will stay crispy (rather than getting limp and soggy) while staying nice and warm!
Moist Pumpkin Pie Waffles Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
let's do it
- Heat waffle iron while making batter. Spray with cooking spray if needed.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and ground clove. Whisk thoroughly to completely incorporate.
- Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl then add pumpkin, brown sugar and melted butter. Mix well then pour into bowl with dry ingredients and fold just until combined. Do not over mix. Beat egg whites to soft peaks then fold into mixture keeping as many air bubbles as possible.
- Spray waffle iron lightly with non-stick spray then add batter to hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown and crispy. Serve hot from the waffle iron with any of your favorite accompaniments.
One Last Thing