A traditional mojito contains white rum, lime or lemon juice, sugar, mint, ice and sparkling water or club soda. We took our favorite 4 ingredients and tossed in some fruit chunks. Voila, mojito fruit salad!
This recipe is ridiculously refreshing and healthy! It’s the perfect picnic contribution because there’s no dairy, so it won’t spoil sitting among the mini pizza appetizers and dairy-free potato salad.
You can get fancy and use a melon baller for the watermelon and cantaloupe. But if time isn’t on your side, just cute them into chunks.
We chose a white rum because it’s light and sweet in flavor. However, you can use dark rum instead. Just be prepared for a stronger alcohol flavor in your salad. Cheers!
Mojito Fruit Salad Recipe
- 4 cups watermelon, balled (one small watermelon)
- 2 cups cantaloupe, balled (one cantaloupe)
- 1 lb strawberries, quartered
- 6 oz blueberries
- 6 oz raspberries
- 4 sprigs of mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white rum
- 2 Tbsp honey
- salt, to taste
- Rinse and prepare the fruit. Set aside.
- Tear the leaves from the mint sprigs and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add lime juice, rum and honey then whisk to combine. Next muddle the mint against the side of the bowl using a wooden spoon to bring out the flavor. Taste dressing and add salt to taste and more rum or honey if needed.
- Add watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries and blueberries to the bowl and toss gently. Let rest in refrigerator for 1 hour to get nice and cold.
- Just before serving, gently toss salad again and sprinkle raspberries on top (they will get crushed if you try to toss them). Add more fresh mint for garnish then serve. Enjoy!
Use any fruit that tickles your fancy! Maybe add some kiwi, oranges or honeydew melon!