Slow Cooker Southwest Pork Chops
Chicken is fantastic, but sometimes you gotta mix it up. Bring some sass and flavor to pork night with this super easy southwest pork chops recipe.
What’s better than pork chops doused in corn, tomatoes and black beans? A dinner made in the slow cooker! All you have to do it sear the chops, toss them in the slow cooker, dump in the rest of the ingredients then walk away. Easy peasy!
We are huge fans of the sweet and spicy flavor of southwest. Check out our similar recipes for Tex-Mex chopped chicken salad and crispy southwest chicken wraps. Yum!
Slow Cooker Southwest Pork Chops Recipe
Put some sass back into pork night with this super flavorful and ridiculously easy slow cooker southwest pork chops recipe.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 pork loin blade chops
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can diced petite tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- cilantro, chopped
- Rinse pork chops and pat dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper and sear in olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Leave in skillet only until nicely browned on the first side then remove from skillet and set aside. If the chops are too large, do this step in batches.
- Combine the black beans, green chili tomatoes, corn, onion and all of the spices in a large mixing bowl. Cover bottom of slow cooker with 1/3 of the bean mixture. Place two chops on top with browned side up. Repeat with half of remaining sauce, final two chops, ending with sauce.
- Turn cooker to high for 2½ hours or low for 5 hours. When chops are done, squeeze lime juice into sauce and garnish each serving with chopped cilantro after spooning vegetable mixture over each chop.
If you prefer canned corn, simply swap it out with the frozen corn the recipe calls for.
Calories: 202kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 644mg, Potassium: 483mg, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 374IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 55mg, Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!
Slow cooker recipe is great.