Dairy-Free Potato Salad with Dill
Our dairy-free potato salad with dill recipe is the perfect dish to contribute to the BBQ this summer. We 86’d the mayo in this recipe, for all our dairy-free friends.
This delectable cold salad is the perfect companion for a bacon jalapeño burger or juicy grilled brats and we’re not even ashamed to admit that we’d eat this all by itself as a main course—we totally did!
To insure the potatoes are infused with the delicious, tangy vinaigrette dressing, be sure to combine them while they’re hot! Warm potatoes are like a sponge and will absorb the flavor much better. Enjoy!
Dairy-Free Potato Salad with Dill Recipe
- 4 lbs red potatoes, small
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, small dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped, or 2 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Rinse potatoes under cold water to remove any dirt still clinging to them. Fill a large saucepan half way with water and add the salt.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place them in the pan of water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until cooked through but still firm 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium low heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes then add garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Turn off heat and add fresh thyme and dill. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine white wine, chicken broth, green onions, mustard, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- When potatoes are cooked but still firm, drain in a colander. Allow to sit for 2 minutes to completely drain. Pour hot potatoes into large bowl (holding the wine mixture) then pour warm onions over top. Mix gently but thoroughly. Try not to break up the potatoes for a nicer presentation. Allow salad to sit for 30 minutes so potatoes can absorb the dressing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.