Perfect Roasted Beets Video
Put a pop of color on the table with our hearty and vibrant-tasting roasted beets recipe. They’re easy enough to prepare on a weeknight, but also make for a fancy presentation if you’re serving company. All you need are some fresh beets and a few common pantry ingredients.
Beets are available in a variety of colors—golden beets, white beets and even beets with a bull’s-eye pattern, called Chioggia beets [key-oh-jah]. They taste great roasted all on their own, or you can include them in your favorite salad—beets trigger the same happy chemicals in your brain as chocolate. That’s a win-win!
Perfect Roasted Beets Recipe
Roasted beets are quick and easy—if you love the robust, earthy flavor, then you’ll love this recipe!
Yield: 4 -6 servings
- 3 yellow beets
- 3 red beets
- olive oil
- cracked pepper
- fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean beets under cold water and cut off stems.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in Dutch oven and add beets. Cover with foil.
- Roast 1–2 hours (1 hour for small beets and 2 hours for large beets) or until toothpick can pierce beet and come out smoothly.
- Rub skins off beets and cut into chunks.
- Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.
Beets taste great with a little dusting of freshly chopped parsley or roasted walnuts!
Calories: 84kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 581mg, Potassium: 407mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!