Keto Garlic Breadsticks
For an irresistibly satisfying snack or side dish, these cheesy keto garlic breadsticks surely get the job done. These crispy and melty breadsticks are low carb thanks to the help of a base made with egg, cream cheese, mozzarella, and almond flour. Then we doubled up with extra mozzarella on top and a good dose of crushed garlic. Yum! We promise you won’t even miss traditional Italian breadsticks thanks to such strong flavors and cheesy goodness. In fact, you may even like them better.
Enjoy these on their own or whip up our delicious keto-friendly marinara sauce and let the dunking commence. Or go ahead and take things one step further and turn this into a whole keto pizza. Throw on some marinara sauce before you top with cheese and then throw on your favorite toppings like pepperoni, green peppers, onions – the possibilities are endless!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Keto Garlic Breadsticks Recipe Tips:
- Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer or microwave with a wet paper towel to keep a good texture for both the cheese and bread.
- Feel free to switch up the cheese on top for any melty cheese like cheddar or pepperjack.
Keto Garlic Breadsticks
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine 1 cup shredded mozzarella and 2 tbsp cream cheese into a microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat for 20 second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted and combined. Should take about 2-3 times.
- Quickly whisk in the egg vigorously. It’ll seem like it can't whisk in, but it will, so just continue to whisk.
- Once combined, fold in ⅔ cup almond flour and the baking powder. Gently knead in the bowl a few times.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the dough on top. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the top of the dough and roll out until it’s about ¼” thick. Remove the top parchment paper.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle olive oil over the top, followed by spreading the crushed garlic out evenly, the last 1 cup of shredded mozzarella, and a sprinkle of italian seasoning.
- Bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with keto-friendly marinara sauce if desired.