We tested the heck out of our spicy grilled shrimp tacos recipe in the test kitchen. The team wouldn’t give final reviews until it had been made for the umpteenth time! You can never be too sure, right?
The red pepper flakes aren’t too spicy; we just added enough to give the dish a little kick. In fact, the little punch of heat is nicely paired with a fruit salsa of your liking to add a little dimension to this recipe.
When you shop for the ingredients, select shrimpies that are medium in size so the filling stays put with every bite. Medium-sized shrimp is also a little less expensive—and frozen bags in the seafood section work great!
Our recipe is crazy simple—the only hard part is trying to decide on your favorite toppings! What would you add? Comment below!
Spicy Grilled Shrimp Tacos Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- wedges lime for squeezing
- lettuce shredded , or cabbage
- sour cream
let's do it
- In a medium bowl, mix oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and paprika until completely combined.
- Add shrimp then toss to coat. Allow shrimp to marinate in spice mixture for at least 30 minutes while you preheat grill to medium heat. If desired, the shrimp can marinate as long as overnight.
- Lightly oil grill grates then cook shrimp for 2–3 minutes per side depending on size, or until pink, opaque and firm.
- Remove from grill and heap into tortillas. Squeeze a bit of lime juice over the shrimp and fill with all of your favorite taco accompaniments.