What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Seriously, who wants to dream up a tasty meal at the end of a hectic day? Not us! Our 30-minute sweet garlic glazed chicken with einkorn is easy to prepare, making it a go-to weeknight meal. No einkorn flour? No problem. You can make sweet garlic glazed chicken using traditional all-purpose flour, too.
Chicken is a mainstay for great reasons. It boasts lean and healthy protein, is inexpensive and appeals to almost everyone. But let’s be honest, haven’t your staple chicken recipes been feeling a little boring lately?
Get out of your food rut by making this super-simple, slightly different approach to chicken. Using four common pantry ingredients, you’ll simply form a paste to slather on the chicken breasts. Our combination of smoky coconut sugar with warm and spicy garlic creates a sweet and crunchy bite that leaves you wanting more.
Having an instant-read meat thermometer handy is the key to success with this dish. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. You’ll want to remove the chicken at 160 then let it rest for five minutes.
During this short timeout, the chicken will continue cooking—eventually reaching the magic 165. This process is called ‘carryover cooking’ and provides the added benefit of redistributing the juices all through the meat. Adios, dry, overcooked chicken!
If you think the prep is quick, sweet garlic glazed chicken has an even faster and easier cleanup. Simply line the baking sheet or casserole dish with parchment paper then coat with non-stick cooking spray. You’ll be on out for an after-dinner walk in no time.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Sweet Garlic Glazed Chicken with Einkorn
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, of equal size
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose einkorn flour
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line baking sheet or casserole dish with aluminum foil then coat with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper then place on the baking sheet smooth side up.
- Mix remaining 4 ingredients into a thick paste then coat each chicken breast entirely with an equal amount of paste.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees (10−15 minutes depending on thickness).
- Remove from oven and let sit, uncovered, 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for an equally easy and delicious side dish? Try our steamed broccoli made with einkorn cheese sauce—yum!