This slow cooker pulled pork tacos dish is perfect for serving a crowd. You need something that won’t be stressful, is easy to assemble and tastes festively fun.
These flavorful tacos with a spicy jalapeno pineapple salsa checks all the boxes and can even be set up as a taco bar for guests to serve themselves, which means less work and more play for you.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos Recipe
- pulled pork taco
- 2 - 3 lbs pork shoulder roast, boneless
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken broth
- corn tortillas
- jalapeno pineapple salsa
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp jalapeños, minced
- 1/4 tsp zest of lime
- salt, to taste
- Mix salt, garlic, cumin, oregano, coriander, cinnamon and brown sugar together. Rub mixture on pork roast.
- Place bay leaf in bottom of slow cooker and place pork on top. Pour chicken broth around pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until pork shreds easily with fork. Be sure to turn over pork roast after 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, create salsa by combining all ingredients in bowl. Refrigerate salsa to allow flavors to marinate before serving.
- Remove pork roast from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Use broth as needed to moisten pulled pork.
- Top tortillas with pulled pork and salsa and serve!
A simple switch from pineapple to mango in the salsa creates a whole new flavorful dish that can be used to top your pulled pork!