Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Maple Balsamic Glaze
Brussels sprouts tend to be a hit or miss – you either love them or you don’t. However, this crispy air fryer brussels sprouts recipe will make those who tend to stay away from the vegetable end up loving them! These sprouts are cooked in the air fryer and require minimal prep, resulting in perfectly fried brussels sprouts without all the added oils. That’s what we call a winning deal!
Then we toss the brussels sprouts into a balsamic glaze made with shallots, garlic, dijon, and a touch of maple for sweetness. Best of all, they’re finished with bacon pieces for the ultimate cherry on top! YUM. If you’re looking to impress this year, these are perfect for holiday hosting and make a great side to any weeknight main dish.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe Tips
- Every air fryer is different, so keep an eye on these while they’re cooking so they don’t burn. A little char is good, but you don’t want too much.
- You can substitute ¼ cup chopped red onion for the shallots if you don’t have any shallots on hand.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Crisp them back up in a fry pan or back in your air fryer!
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Maple Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- 1.5 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 425 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the halved brussels sprouts with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Once coated in oil, spread the brussels sprouts into the air fryer pan evenly. Do not overlap.
- Air fry for 10 minutes and flip the brussels sprouts over. Air fry for another 5-10 minutes until desired tenderness is reached.
- While the brussels sprouts are cooking, make the glaze. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook the bacon until crispy for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the pan, reserving 1 tbsp of the bacon grease. Add the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic until saute for another minute.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, salt, and pepper. Stir continuously for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture has reduced and slightly thickened.
- Pour air fried brussels sprouts and cooked bacon into the pan with the glaze. Toss until the brussels sprouts are completed coated in the glaze.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour into the desired serving dish.