Avocado and Basil Salad with Grapefruit
As the weather warms up, salads end up becoming a staple on most menus. Unfortunately, it can be easy to get bored with the same ol’ romaine, chicken, and creamy dressing routine. If you find yourself in a boring salad rut, this Avocado and Basil Salad with Grapefruit recipe is just what you need.
Salads are one of the most important additions to our regular diet because it’s such an easy way to get your full serving of fruits and veggies. However, it’s certainly easy to run out of ideas to prepare them. (Is that why salads taste so much better when someone else makes them?) Luckily simple additions like fruit and nuts or seeds make refreshing changes to our usual salads and make them more fun, delicious and healthy to eat. Try this combination of grapefruit, avocado, basil, pepita seeds, and pink peppercorns to get excited about eating healthy again. Yum!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Avocado and Basil Salad with Grapefruit Recipe Tips:
- Don’t have grapefruit on hand? You can sub in other citrus fruits here like oranges and tangerines.
- This dressing works on lots of other salads too. It’s just as delicious with spinach and chicken.
- You can make the dressing ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. You will need to shake it up before you use it.
Avocado, basil & grapefruit salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp roasted pepita seeds or pistachios
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- flaky salt, as needed
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pink peppercorns
- Mix olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar and sea salt.
- Slice grapefruits and avocados to ¼ inch thick rounds, semi circles or wedges. Crush pepita seeds or pistachios slightly.
- Place on a large plate the grapefruit and avocado. Top with crushed seeds/nuts and basil leafs. Drizzle over with dressing and finish sprinkling the flaky salt and pink peppercorns.
Recipe and photos by Abril Macías.