Orange Pepper Vermouth Tonic Cocktail
It’s no secret that we love refreshing summer cocktails around here. One of our new favorites is this aromatic Vermouth Tonic Cocktail that features orange, pink peppercorns, and Martini Bianco. This crowd-pleaser cocktail has some beautiful citrus, vanilla, and peppery tones that complement a lot of meals and also stands out on its own. It’s full of flavor while still being light enough for the warm weather months.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Orange Pepper Vermouth Tonic Cocktail Recipe Tips:
- Use your favorite 8 oz glasses for the full serving or make a large batch and serve from a pitcher at your next lunch or dinner party.
- Make sure to not over shake your cocktail, otherwise it will become watery from the melting ice.
- Don’t have vermouth on hand? Try using a dry white wine as a substitute in this tonic cocktail.
- Looking for a little more citrus flavor? Add some lime juice in for an extra kick.
Orange Pepper Vermouth Tonic Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 4 strips orange peel
- 1/2 tsp pink peppercorns, plus more for garnish
- 5 oz Martini Vermouth Bianco, cold
- 6 oz tonic water, cold
- Cocktail shaker
- fine mesh sieve
- Allow glasses to sit in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Combine simple syrup, 2 strips of orange peel and ½ teaspoon pink peppercorns in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the ingredients until the peppercorns crack and the ingredients release their aromas.
- Add the Vermouth Bianco and fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Immediately, shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into two ice cold glasses. Top each cocktail with 3 oz tonic water.
- Garnish with orange peel strips and pink peppercorns.
Recipe and photos by Abril Macías.