You can’t go wrong with a classic recipe and this spinach dip is just that. This appetizer is whipped together in minutes, but don’t let that fool you. It’s delicious, light, and perfect for a crowd.
The bread bowl is a fun way to display this dip, especially if you’re entertaining. You can make one from scratch with our Einkorn Bread Bowl recipe or simply pick up a round, crusty loaf at your local bakery. You’ll want a great bread knife to carve out your bread bowl. We love this double serrated bread knife from Wusthof.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Classic Old School Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl Recipe
what you'll need
- 10 oz frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr's vegetable dry soup mix
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 bunch scallions sliced thin
- 1 bread bowl
let's do it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and the soup mix. Add in spinach, scallions, onions and chestnuts.
- Hollow out the bread bowl and fill with dip. Place extra bread around the platter and serve. You can also add raw vegetables to the plate.
One Last Thing
Recipe by Monica Ford. | Photography by Viker Media.