Grown Up Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who says chocolate chip cookies are just for the kids? We’ve put a twist on the classic recipe that grown-ups are sure to love! With two types of chocolate, nuts and shredded coconut, this cookie is sure to become a fast favorite. Don’t let the name fool you though… kids love this recipe just as much as adults!
You won’t believe how soft and chewy this cookie is… even with all the chunky add-ins! It truly is the best of both worlds.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
- Be sure to give yourself a head start on this recipe. We recommend letting the dough sit overnight in the refrigerator to really enhance the flavor. The good news is that makes it much easier to prep for entertaining! (As long as you can keep everyone away from sneaking bites of the dough.)
- It’s also a fantastic dough for freezing. This means you can have fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies ANYTIME! Bonus: you can also portion control how many cookies you make at one time. We love making just enough for each family member to have 2 cookies. Goodbye dessert guilt!
- The recipe calls for oat flour which can be purchased in most grocery stores. Or, you can make your own by simply putting 1 cup of oats in a food processor with the steel blade and grinding the oats into a powder.
- If you’re having trouble finding chocolate chunks, you can use a large chocolate bar, weigh out the amount, then chop up the bar into your desired size.
Grown Up Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Mix butter and both sugars until very fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix the baking soda and salt with both flours and add it to butter mixture.
- Fold in both types of chocolate, nuts and shredded coconut.
- If time allows, let cookie dough sit overnight in the refrigerator. (It will improve the flavors.)
- When you're ready to bake, weigh out 2 oz balls of dough to get a uniform bake on the cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
Recipe by Monica Ford | Photography by Viker Media
When you make these chocolate chip cookies, show them off! Use #MyEverydayDish on social media to be featured on the Everyday Dishes accounts!