Easy Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles
Making chicken stir-fry is quick and easy when you’ve got your ingredients all sliced, chopped and ready to go.
There’s no more efficient or enjoyable way to whip up a batch, especially when you use your favorite store-bought sauce. You can even buy pre-cut veggies to cut down on the prep time!
Turn our chicken stir-fry recipe into your own by changing or eliminating whatever vegetables you want. Just be sure they’re cut in a way that allows them to cook quickly and finish the same time as the other veggies.
Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles Recipe
- 1 6 oz package chow mein stir-fry noodles
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded, about 1 carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 baby bok choy stalks
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup your favorite stir-fry sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1 1/2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Prepare stir-fry noodles according to package directions. Usually this only involves soaking the noodles for a very short time in boiling water.
- Thinly slice chicken, onion and bell pepper then shred the carrot. Coarsely chop baby bok choy and measure out stir-fry sauce, cilantro leaves and cashews.
- Collect all ingredients to within arm’s reach and place a wok or very large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add oil and thinly sliced chicken. Stir chicken frequently until it turns white and no pink remains. Then add the onion, bell pepper and carrot. Continue stir-frying for 2–3 minutes until onions and bell pepper just begin to soften.
- Add garlic, bok choy and snow peas then stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour in sauce, cilantro and cashews then toss to coat. Immediately add the prepared noodles and stir just until they’re hot and completely coated in sauce.
- Transfer stir-fry to a serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!