S’mores are one of our all time favorite desserts – there’s just something about the balance of graham cracker, marshmallows and chocolate that works so well. And who doesn’t love a cookie recipe that you can make ahead of time? These S’mores cookies are so easy for your friends and family to grab and enjoy around the Christmas tree, from the dessert tray at a party, or even at a summer cookout.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
You can easily make these s’mores cookies ahead of time. Just store them in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve. Be sure to let them fully cool before you put them in the container for the best texture.
S’mores Cookies Recipe Tips:
+ We think these s’mores cookies are best with homemade cookie dough, but in a pinch you can also use store bought cookie dough and follow the same steps listed in the recipe below.
+ You could use mini marshmallows in this recipe also and just spread them over the graham cracker base. It may be a little more challenging to form the dough, but tastes just as good!
+ Using a cookie scoop makes it super easy to have similar sized cookies that bake evenly. If you don’t have one, try an ice cream scoop!
- 1 batch chocolate chip cookie dough
- 12 graham crackers
- 2 chocolate bars, milk or dark chocolate
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- Flaky Sea Salt, for topping – optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the graham crackers in half so you have two squares, then lay out on the baking sheet. Top each graham cracker with a square of chocolate, then with half of a marshmallow.
- Top with a flattened scoopful of chocolate chip cookie dough, forming it downward over the marshmallow slightly.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-14 minutes or until the edges of the dough have browned and the top is beginning to crack.
- Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes then enjoy! Top with flaky sea salt if desired.