We’re always looking for new ways to make chicken for dinner. This Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken has quickly become one of our favorites! With a melted cream cheese filling, the fresh flavor of green onion, and savory, crispy bacon on the outside, it’s easy to see why. This recipe is full of comforting flavors.
It looks like a lot of steps, but we promise this recipe comes together quickly. While the chicken’s in the oven, throw together a fresh salad for a full meal or whip up some smashed red potatoes for a hearty dinner.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Recipe Tips
+ Make sure you pull the cream cheese out of the fridge before you start prepping the rest of the recipe. Having it softened is key to mixing it easily and spreading it out over the kitchen.
+ Thick cut bacon is our preference here – it holds its shape better when you wrap it around the chicken.
+ Flattening the chicken is key to wrapping it up and even cooking. If you don’t have a meat tenderizer, you can the bottom of a glass or rolling pin.
+ This chicken warms up well in the microwave, so don’t be afraid to make extra!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 bunch green onion, split
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a skillet, partially cook bacon until it just starts to curl, but isn't yet crispy. You will be wrapping it around the chicken, so you want it to be flexible and it will crisp in the oven.
- Chop up the green onion into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, about 3/4 of the green onion (save some for garnish), and garlic powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On a cutting board, cover the chicken with a piece of plastic wrap. Use the flat side of a meat tenderizer to flatten to about 1/4" thick. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Cover the chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture. Roll the chicken breast together with the seams down.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken breast. About 3 slices of bacon should cover each piece. If needed, use toothpicks to hold in place.
- Bake in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° on a meat thermometer.
- Broil for a few minutes to crisp the bacon.
- Serve with the remaining green onion. Enjoy!