This vegetarian and vegan-friendly recipe uses avocado and olive oil to make this edamame chickpea salad creamy without the mayo.
Snag some shelled edamame from the frozen foods aisle of your grocery store. It’s much easier that way! You can microwave and then chill them before adding to the salad if you want more tender beans.
Jazz up the edamame salad with a handful of raisins or nuts. Almonds, cashews and pecans are especially tasty. They make for a nice texture contrast, too.
You can serve this edamame chickpea salad as-is or roll it up in a tortilla with some tomato and lettuce for a quick lunch option!
This salad is refreshing, delicious and good for you.
Edamame Chickpea Salad with Avocado Dressing Recipe
what you'll need
avocado lime dressing
- 1 large avocado flesh removed
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
let's do it
- Prepare dressing by placing all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blending until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, edamame, diced red onion, chopped cilantro and jalapeno (if desired). Mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpea and edamame mixture and stir to coat completely. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve cold as a side dish, salad or inside a sandwich or wrap. Enjoy!
One Last Thing